Hush Heath Estates - Head of Sales
Head of Sales
Hush Heath is a dynamic, growing, boutique wine producer based in Staplehurst, Kent. We have an established brand of still and sparkling wines and ciders and are recognized as one of England’s finest and most established producers.
Annual wine production at Hush Heath is set to triple over the next five years, building up reserve wines for non-vintage styles, and growing sales steadily over that time. In order to support growth, plans are underway for winery and cellar door expansion.
Current sales channels include large domestic on and off trade markets managed through distributor and direct relationships, retail sales through the winery’s cellar door and website, and export to more than seven counties world-wide. Tourism and export are becoming increasingly important to Hush Heath, channels which didn’t exist only a few years ago.
Hush Heath is looking for a Head of Sales who can help to drive sales through the following channels. They will be responsible for management of current accounts and to develop new ones:
- Export – Hush Heath has multiple international markets which are managed directly by the Head of Sales and through UK and overseas distributors which require a strong relationship with the successful candidate. A certain amount of international travel is required
- Distributor Sales – Hush Heath works closely with Liberty Wines who distributes their full range of wines into the UK markets. The Head of Sales must have a close relationship with their sales teams and work closely with Liberty to find opportunities and drive sales through their networks
- Direct Sales – Hush Heath works with a number of on-trade, off-trade, and business clients who require close management
- Online Sales – Hush Heath has an e-commerce website and online sales account for a small proportion of revenue, however there is great potential for growth
The Head of Sales will manage a small team of sales people to achieve a set annual sales target while also keeping an eye on sales costs. They will report to the winery founder, and work in collaboration with Hush Heath’s winemaking and cellar door/retail teams. Hush Heath is a small, close knit, family company and flexibility is required to help with winery events and marketing.
The successful candidate must have:
- Excellent personal skills – they will represent Hush Heath at wine tastings, during export trips abroad, while receiving important clients and prospects at the winery, and while presenting to that same audience. Therefore, the candidate must be articulate, well presented, and confident in their approach
- High standard of wine knowledge – WSET certification is preferred but experience is vital as the candidate must be able to talk about wine production and the wine industry in a knowledgeable, confident manner
- Experience in the wine industry – a minimum of 5 years senior wine sales experience is required
- Flexibility to travel – export is an increasingly important area of our business and the ability to leave the UK to represent Hush Heath overseas is vital
- Excellent communication skills – Hush Heath is a small company and all employees must be able to effectively communicate with one another. Regular reporting of work activity and progress is required
- Must be self-motivated & well organised
Salary and bonus dependent on experience
Please send all CV’s and a covering letter to Richard Balfour-Lynn firstname.lastname@example.org