Jerry Lockspeiser is a wine-industry expert, entrepreneur, author and business consultant. His first company, Vinceremos Wines, pioneered the importation of organic and Third World wines and spirits into the UK. His second, Bottle Green Ltd, sourced, made and branded wines from around the world, becoming a major supplier to the high street multiple sector. It was sold in 2004. He is chairman of Off Piste Wines, consultant to a wine company in Chile and co-owner of a small UK based software company. In 2007 he created the ‘Call My Wine Bluff’ fundraising event in support of ActionAid’s work in the developing world which has raised over £600,000. In 2010 he launched the Millione wine brand, a social business whose profits fund the building of primary schools in Sierra Leone. Four schools have been built to date. He is a fellow of the RSA, marathon runner and RAC qualified motor cycle instructor.
It was a glorious event. The Stade de France a sea of Polish and German colour- red and white scarves held aloft by their thousands, black and white shirts everywhere you looked. Crazy hats, painted faces, couples framed by a huge heart kissing on the giant screen.
While everyone in the wine business agrees that product quality is important, how we define ‘quailty’ may vary. So how do we persuade a buyer to give us a listing?
Jerry Lockspeiser: Running BusinessSubscription
Jerry Lockspeiser has learned a lot of lessons through his training for marathons that are also applicable to running a successful business.
- Jerry Lockspieser: Are you an Inner or an Outer?Subscription
- It’s the person, stupid
- Jerry Lockspeiser: Is it time for the wine trade to face up to the health risks of drinking?Subscription
- Jerry Lockspeiser: How to make money in wine? Start a crusade
- Book Review: Money, Taste and Wine: It’s Complicated! by Mike Veseth
- Jerry Lockspeiser: The question every wine veteran gets asked- what is the BEST wine?
- Jerry Lockspeiser encourages us all to break free and rebel when it comes to wineSubscription