Jerry Lockspeiser is a wine-industry expert, entrepreneur, author and business consultant. His first company, Vinceremos Wines, pioneered the importation of organic and Third World wines and spirits into the UK. His second, Bottle Green Ltd, sourced, made and branded wines from around the world, becoming a major supplier to the high street multiple sector. It was sold in 2004. He is chairman of Off Piste Wines, consultant to a wine company in Chile and co-owner of a small UK based software company. In 2007 he created the ‘Call My Wine Bluff’ fundraising event in support of ActionAid’s work in the developing world which has raised over £600,000. In 2010 he launched the Millione wine brand, a social business whose profits fund the building of primary schools in Sierra Leone. Four schools have been built to date. He is a fellow of the RSA, marathon runner and RAC qualified motor cycle instructor.
The Millione wine brand is a social business started by myself, Cliff Roberson and Mike Paul. All profits are used to build primary schools in Sierra Leone. Four schools have been running successfully and the fifth is half built.
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning that’s as good as they are going to feel all day”. Frank Sinatra quoted in the book.
Wine selling for £6 or less is shit. Not my words but those of advertising legend Sir John Hegarty at the Wine and Spirit Trade Association conference.
- Jerry Lockspeiser on some peculiar but inspiring winemaking in Mallorca
- Mike Veseth, the Wine Economist, on the global issues facing the wine industry
- Jerry Lockspeiser on why consumers are right to buy cheaper wines
- Book review: Jerry Lockspeiser on DO PURPOSE: Why brands with a purpose do better and matter more
- Jerry Lockspeiser is enthralled by the wine business insights of Mike Veseth
- Jerry Lockspeiser: Call My Wine Bluff proves people just want to have fun with wine!
- Jerry Lockspeiser: do wine buyers get the suppliers they deserve?Subscription