Jerry Lockspeiser is a wine-industry expert, entrepreneur, author and business consultant. His first company, Vinceremos Wines, pioneered the importation of organic and Third World wines and spirits into the UK. His second, Bottle Green Ltd, sourced, made and branded wines from around the world, becoming a major supplier to the high street multiple sector. It was sold in 2004. He is chairman of Off Piste Wines, consultant to a wine company in Chile and co-owner of a small UK based software company. In 2007 he created the ‘Call My Wine Bluff’ fundraising event in support of ActionAid’s work in the developing world which has raised over £600,000. In 2010 he launched the Millione wine brand, a social business whose profits fund the building of primary schools in Sierra Leone. Four schools have been built to date. He is a fellow of the RSA, marathon runner and RAC qualified motor cycle instructor.
Would you buy wine from a fascist? Would you recruit a star salesman with a history of punching his colleagues?
Jerry Lockspeiser gives his assessment of the new book by Deidre Heekin: An Unlikely Vineyard.
Why is crowdfunding so inherently exciting? The heady emotional mix of allure, participation, open access, opportunity, creativity and success is hard to resist.
- Jerry Lockspeiser on why we could all do our bit to help in fight against ebola
- Jerry Lockspeiser: can you drink as much as you like and stay healthy?
- Jerry Lockspeiser: why we should celebrate £6 wines not denigrate them
- Jerry Lockspeiser on some peculiar but inspiring winemaking in Mallorca
- Mike Veseth, the Wine Economist, on the global issues facing the wine industry
- Jerry Lockspeiser on why consumers are right to buy cheaper wines
- Book review: Jerry Lockspeiser on DO PURPOSE: Why brands with a purpose do better and matter more