Jerry Lockspeiser is a wine-industry expert, entrepreneur, author and business consultant. His first company, Vinceremos Wines, pioneered the importation of organic and Third World wines and spirits into the UK. His second, Bottle Green Ltd, sourced, made and branded wines from around the world, becoming a major supplier to the high street multiple sector. It was sold in 2004. He is chairman of Off Piste Wines, consultant to a wine company in Chile and co-owner of a small UK based software company. In 2007 he created the ‘Call My Wine Bluff’ fundraising event in support of ActionAid’s work in the developing world which has raised over £600,000. In 2010 he launched the Millione wine brand, a social business whose profits fund the building of primary schools in Sierra Leone. Four schools have been built to date. He is a fellow of the RSA, marathon runner and RAC qualified motor cycle instructor.
Like many others of my wine generation, I have spent considerable time trying to create wines that will appeal to consumers.
Jerry Lockspeiser: Marketing - saint or devil?Subscription
Two packets of Paracetamol, both 500mg and 16 in a box, with the same usage instructions. Both Boots brands. The pills in the red and white box are in tablet form. It costs 25p. The pills in the classier blue and white box are caplets – tablets in capsule shape with a groove in the middle. It costs 49p.
Mark Carney, the Governor of the Bank of England, recently announced an increase in the annual growth forecast for the UK economy from 1.4% to 2%. But things may not be as good as they sound.
- Jerry Lockspeiser on 2017: Something or nothing?Subscription
- Jerry Lockspeiser: A great time to be in wine Subscription
- Jerry Lockspeiser: My mind is made up, please don’t confuse me with the facts
- Jerry Lockspeiser: Does wine need its Uber?Subscription
- Jerry Lockspeiser: What do wine drinkers really want to know?
- Jerry Lockspeiser: The Export Manager’s Tale
- Jerry Lockspeiser: Lessons learnt from Brexit