Jerry Lockspeiser is a wine-industry expert, entrepreneur, author and business consultant. His first company, Vinceremos Wines, pioneered the importation of organic and Third World wines and spirits into the UK. His second, Bottle Green Ltd, sourced, made and branded wines from around the world, becoming a major supplier to the high street multiple sector. It was sold in 2004. He is chairman of Off Piste Wines, consultant to a wine company in Chile and co-owner of a small UK based software company. In 2007 he created the ‘Call My Wine Bluff’ fundraising event in support of ActionAid’s work in the developing world which has raised over £600,000. In 2010 he launched the Millione wine brand, a social business whose profits fund the building of primary schools in Sierra Leone. Four schools have been built to date. He is a fellow of the RSA, marathon runner and RAC qualified motor cycle instructor.
Mike Veseth appears to be on a mission. Money, Taste and Wine: It’s Complicated! follows his Wine Wars and Extreme Wine (reviewed here in May 2014) in discussing aspects of the wine world in a language ordinary mortals can understand.
It happened again last week. I was on a flight from Mallorca to London City airport. It was one of those small planes with just two seats either side of the gangway. She was in an aisle seat and I was bolted in next to the window. I was trapped and I wanted to lie.
You know that feeling. For years you have been doing something that seems slightly illicit, almost shameful, then out of the blue someone knowledgeable tells you it’s OK. You don’t have to hide it any more. And you discover you are not alone. Lots of other people are doing it too. In fact it might even be a good thing!
- Jerry Lockspeiser: Brewing up a storm
- Jerry Lockspeiser on whether peer reviews are the best judge of all
- Jerry Lockspeiser: Would you buy wine from a fascist?
- Jerry Lockspeiser reviews the "inspiring" An Unlikely Vineyard by Deidre Heekin
- Jerry Lockspeiser on why crowdfunding is such an exciting opportunity for business
- Jerry Lockspeiser on why we could all do our bit to help in fight against ebola
- Jerry Lockspeiser: can you drink as much as you like and stay healthy?