Jerry Lockspeiser is a wine-industry expert, entrepreneur, author and business consultant. His first company, Vinceremos Wines, pioneered the importation of organic and Third World wines and spirits into the UK. His second, Bottle Green Ltd, sourced, made and branded wines from around the world, becoming a major supplier to the high street multiple sector. It was sold in 2004. He is chairman of Off Piste Wines, consultant to a wine company in Chile and co-owner of a small UK based software company. In 2007 he created the ‘Call My Wine Bluff’ fundraising event in support of ActionAid’s work in the developing world which has raised over £600,000. In 2010 he launched the Millione wine brand, a social business whose profits fund the building of primary schools in Sierra Leone. Four schools have been built to date. He is a fellow of the RSA, marathon runner and RAC qualified motor cycle instructor.
Jerry Lockspeiser: Is it time for the wine trade to face up to the health risks of drinking?Subscription
Jerry Lockspeiser weighs in on the new Chief Medical Officer guidelines of alcohol consumption and argues as a trade we have an ’obligation to pay attention’. Are we skeptical because we simply don’t want to believe the argument is valid?
Jerry Lockspeiser on why mission-driven businesses are appealing to consumers
Mike Veseth appears to be on a mission. Money, Taste and Wine: It’s Complicated! follows his Wine Wars and Extreme Wine (reviewed here in May 2014) in discussing aspects of the wine world in a language ordinary mortals can understand.
- Jerry Lockspeiser: The question every wine veteran gets asked- what is the BEST wine?
- Jerry Lockspeiser encourages us all to break free and rebel when it comes to wineSubscription
- Jerry Lockspeiser: Brewing up a storm
- Jerry Lockspeiser on whether peer reviews are the best judge of all
- Jerry Lockspeiser: Would you buy wine from a fascist?
- Jerry Lockspeiser reviews the "inspiring" An Unlikely Vineyard by Deidre Heekin
- Jerry Lockspeiser on why crowdfunding is such an exciting opportunity for business