Tesco invites suppliers to pitch for listings at next week's LIWF
Tesco’s wine team will again give suppliers the chance to pitch their business for potential listings at next week’s London International Wine Fair (LIWF).
Rather than having a dedicated stand on the show floor as it did last year, Tesco is instead inviting interested suppliers to meet its buying, product development and technical teams in room 17 of the South Gallery at ExCel on May 21. Unlike last year when a number of suppliers were unable to meet with the Tesco team due to over-subscription, this year the event will be open to all, the retailer said.
The Tesco team will be divided across five tasting stations. On arrival visitors will be directed to the next available tasting station – appointments are not being made in advance.
Dan Jago, Tesco’s global director for wine, said: “Last year’s event was a huge success, we held over 120 meetings and saw some great products and innovative thinking. By hosting the tastings up in the Gallery we also expect a more relaxed environment with open meetings rather than behind closed doors.”
Meetings will be available between 9am and 5:30pm on a first come first served basis.
The meeting will be organised as followed:
* suppliers will be allowed to show a maximum of two bottles of wine
* they might be be asked to leave bottles following the tasting
* a maximum of two people can attend the meeting
* no presentations will be seen on the day – this is an opportunity for a quick discussion only
* the event is being hosted by the wine team only – no soft drinks, spirits or beer products will be seen