Editor For Harpers Wine & Spirit
Bibendum Wine Holdings, the parent company of national wine and drinks supplier, Bibendum Wine, has stengthened its board with the appointment of former Bidvest 3663 managing director, Alex Fisher, as a non-executive director.
Following on from its high profile sponsorship this month of the Open golf championships in Hoylake, Glenmorangie is now embarking on a series of consumer events targeting UK airports throughout the summer.
The seemingly never-ending rise of the discounters continues with news today that Aldi is on the verge of overtaking Waitrose with nearly 5% share of the UK grocery retail market.
- Vinoteca hand-picked to open its fifth site in new Kings Cross development
- Ethos to offer vegetarian wine list to London diners
- Mixologists gather in the UK to battle it out for Diageo's World Class crown
- New "Tesco tax" to raise money for small businesses could be counter productive warns ACS
- Oxford Wine Company signs deal to be exclusive UK importer of Downton Abbey wines
- CYT signs Premiership rugby sponsorship deal for Trivento Argentinian wine
- Vinoteca to offer Riesling by the glass straight from 20-litre kegs