Editor For Harpers Wine & Spirit
Advertising guru, Sir John Hegarty, claimed this week that of the up to 400 types of business or brands he has worked with in his career he has not come across an industry quite as “truly appalling” as wine.
The combined efforts of the 12-strong trade team that took part in last weekend’s Médoc Marathon in Pauillac , Bordeaux has helped raise £16,000 for the Benevolent drinks charity and Vintners’ Foundation.
Independent wine merchants have a key role to play in persuading local MPs to listen to the wine and spirits industry’s calls for an effective cut in alcohol duty levels at the 2015 Budget.
- A "united" industry effort can force a 2% cut in duty, claims WSTA's Miles Beale
- Heston Blumenthal to open Melbourne version of Fat Duck on February 3
- William Grant & Sons invests in Tullamore whiskey with new Irish distillery
- On-trade hit by decline in spirits sales across all venues
- Accolade Wines switches its European division from the UK to Poland
- Views of the Beautiful South: Mario Pablo Silva, Casa Silva
- Views from Beautiful South: Roberto Echeverria, Echeverria Family Wines, Chile