Editor For Harpers Wine & Spirit
Tesco continues to lose market share to its grocery rivals at both ends of the retail spectrum, according to the latest figures from Kantar Worldpanel which reveals that Waitrose achieved its record performance for the last 12 weeks of trading.
Leading figures from all channels of the wine trade will be today taking part in the second Harpers France Summit to look at ways in which retailers, restaurants, distributors and importers can make the most of French wine in the UK.
Local retailers from across the country are descending on Westminster today to fight their corner for improvements in the system of business rates.
- Over 200 wineries head for Amsterdam's expanded World Bulk Wine Exhibition
- Lock Stock's Guy Ritchie links up with David Beckham to make Haig whisky TV advertVideo
- Argentina's government has played a key role in its UK success says ambassador
- Carlsberg ramps ups executive team with on and off-trade sales directors
- Leading suppliers take the initiative to promote Best Practice Guidelines
- RumFest attracts industry's biggest names to London's two day event
- Laine Pub Company takes on original Battersea Jongleurs site