Editor For Harpers Wine & Spirit
Using award winning wine stickers on bottles can boost total wine sales by up to 15% in retail outlets, equating to millions of pounds in extra sales, according to research released today by the International Wine Challenge.
Accolade Wines hopes to establish a footprint and market for its extensive range of premium wines by appointing its first fine wine director in the UK.
Diageo is the latest high profile supplier to be exposed by the national media for trying to exert what has been seen as overt pressure on its suppliers.
- UK wine trade to unite to pay respects to Château Musar's Serge Hochar
- Harpers Awards 2015 promises to roll out red carpet for best in UK wine and spirits
- Cambridge Wine's Hal Wilson leads the way and gets local MP to back Drop the Duty campaign
- Top indies and trade experts lined up for March for Independents conference
- Top British importers and merchants unite to call for better prices from Bordeaux
- Chief of the Week: Skin Côntact's Richard Hemming
- Former ITN and CNN correspondents in Wine Enthusiast's top 5