Editor For Harpers Wine & Spirit
The majority of wine consumers are not looking to be educated about wine, but are interested in little nuggets of information or a “dinner party one liner” about the wines they have bought, according to Laithwaite’s global wine consultant Justin Howard-Sneyd MW.
Wine bloggers and communicators need to raise their game and become more professional or risk becoming “dinosaurs” and out of touch not only with the wine trade but with the consumers they are trying to talk to.
To create something genuinely different in any market you need to try and satisfy an “unmet need” that “makes people’s lives better” in that sector, according to Greg Lambrecht, founder and inventor of the Coravin wine preservation system.
- Jancis Robinson leads roll call of wine personalities at DWCC in Montreux
- Berry Bros releases Exceptional Cask Collection going back 50 years
- Strong UK delegation of senior executives to appear at global Wine Vision conference
- Daniel Lambert signs up to Best Practice Guidelines and calls for more action
- Waitrose predicts healthy future for South American and lighter style wines and spirits
- TescoGate Live: What the national business press said of Tesco's 92% profits fall
- TescoGate Live: Serious Fraud Squad watching profits black hole inquiry with "interest"