Editor For Harpers Wine & Spirit
Tesco has confirmed to Harpers.co.uk that Dan Jago, who is returning to the business on March 9, was never actually suspended from the company, but asked to “step aside”.
M Restaurants, set up by former Gaucho managing director, Martin Williams, at the end of last year, is to celebrate World Malbec Day next month by creating a mini Malbec vineyard outside its venue in the City of London.
There is a growing split between the scale, performance and growth of the country’s independent wine merchants, according to an exclusive poll conducted for Harpers March for the Independents conference being held today in London.
- Oz Clarke's new book tells the history of wine in 100 bottles
- Les Dauphins hopes to promote niche areas of the Rhône to mass wine consumers
- Merchants across the country gather for Harpers March for the Independents conference
- WSTA's Call Time on Duty campaign wins major PR award
- March for Indies: Still time to get local MP and media on side and back duty campaign
- TescoGate: Dan Jago to return to retailer following investigation
- Major trade figures urge whole industry to act now and back the Drop the Duty campaign