Wine critic, broadcaster, co-chair of the IWC WEBSITE: www.Timatkin.com
Tim Atkin MW: Why selling brilliance takes a little more effort than simply flogging boozeSubscription
What makes a good wine merchant? As a significant chunk of the UK trade returns from Bordeaux, having tasted their way through a few hundred samples of youthful, unfinished claret of varying degrees of fidelity to the final bottled blends, it’s worth pausing to ponder the answer.
The political threat to our wine lifeSubscription
“Stick to wine, Tim – you’re wasting time.” If you spend as many hours as I do on social media channels, you get used to – and even rather enjoy – the odd spat, but this was different.
What do you think of the following tasting note? “Inconspicuous boysenberries and cigar wrappers revel in unresolved rosehips, while dried wormwood and chemically tanned leather swim amongst illusive black liquorice.” And this? “Like a sherry, wet wool, mead, musk and nail polish remover cocktail.”
- Tim Atkin MW: Burgundy 2015 - a year for the little guys?Subscription
- Tim Atkin MW: The rise of the counterfeit wine trade around the globeSubscription
- Tim Atkin MW: Rioja’s future lies in diversity, not uniformity
- Tim Atkin MW: What will happen to brand Brangelina?
- Tim Atkin MW: The impossible task of running a generic body
- Tim Atkin MW: Embracing change and pushing boundaries
- Tim Atkin: What will an EU exit mean for the wine trade?