|Independents urged to enter Top Merchants awards programme|
|Wednesday, 01 December 2010 13:15|
The initiative looks to reward merchants across a number of different categories and hopes to highlight those merchants that are leading the way in their field by offering a quality service to their customers.
The closing date for the awards is on January 10 and the finalists will be selected by a panel of industry judges in time for the presentation at a special ceremony to be held on the evening of the SITT tasting at Vinopolis, London on February 23.
Merchants can offer as many relevant categories as they like. The awards and selected criteria include:
• Best Independent Wine Merchant (three stores or less)
• Best Independent Wine Merchant Buying Team (will analyse product range, how the range matches customer profile, and effective sourcing practices)
• Best Independent Wine Merchant Digital Strategy (what the strategy is, evidence of customer involvement, impact on sales and profile)
• Best Independent Wine Merchant Wholesale Operation (evidence of developing offer to private customers, wholesale strategy, diversity of range and sales performance)
• Best Independent Wine Merchant Employer (will assess the recruitment process, training offered, staff motivation, loyalty and team spirit)
• Best Independent Wine Merchant for Innovation (examples of new industry leading innovations and special events)
• Best Independent Wine Merchant for Outstanding Customer Service (evidence of staff knowledge, how you go the extra mile, PR and communication skills, special events and how you add value to customers).
In all submissions you can send as much supporting material as you feel necessary to comply with the category's criteria but your separate supporting statement can be no longer than 500 words.